- 1 cup of finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 trout fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup of pecan oil or olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup of butter
In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Brush trout with 2 teaspoons of oil; dredge in pecan mixture, turning to coat until well covered. In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining oil. Saute trout for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve hot.
Variation: Try with salmon. Instead of sauteeing, broil the fillets.
Yield: 4 servings
From "In Praise of Pecans" by June Jackson