- 1 pound of cooked ham (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon of sweet pickle relish, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of prepared horseradish
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
Grind the ham in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients; process until combined. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serve on crackers, or for lunch, spread on toasted pita rounds and top with a dollop of sour cream.
Yield: about 3 cups
From "In Praise of Pecans" by June Jackson